LOOKING FOR A JOB OR APPRENTICESHIP IN CONSTRUCTION? GET THE COMPETITIVE EDGE! GET THE COMPETIVE EDGE!
Construct Your Future
Pre-Apprenticeship/ Pre-Employment program
Get fast tracked into a full time Apprenticeship or job by gaining the skills and experience you need to hit the ground running!
Complete this program & gain:
- Practical training in an industry environment, giving you skills and knowledge to hit the ground running when you start an Apprenticeship or employment,
- Nationally Accredited qualifications and experience:
- CPC10120 - Certificate I in Construction,
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card),
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid,
- Opportunities for Work Experience,
- Resume and Interview Skills, and
- Mentoring and Support.
- Opportunities for work experience with our host employers who are looking for Apprentices and employees now,
- Mentoring and support,
- Access to funded short courses, licenses and tickets to enhance your skills, and
- Variety of opportunities to work with different trade businesses to build your experience.
Fill in the contact form or call us on
1300 010 185!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is a Pre-Apprenticeship or Pre-Employment program for me?
DGT's Construct Your Future Pre-Apprenticeship and Pre-Employment programs are the perfect opportunity for:
- Students who are interested in pursuing a trade either through a VET in Schools program, School Based Apprenticeship or as a career post- secondary school, and
- Jobseekers looking to gain a employment in a trade industry.
Why should I complete a Pre–Apprenticeship or Pre-Employment Program?
If you complete this program successfully, you'll be fast tracked into an Apprenticeship or employment. By gaining the skills and experience to hit the ground running, you will have a competitive edge with businesses who are looking for Apprentices or employees now.
As a DGT Apprentice, you will also get access to extra courses, licences and tickets that might not be on offer with other employers.
How long will these courses take?
This program is up to 14 weeks in duration.
For VETiS students - These courses are delivered one day/ week over the school year at either our Toowoomba or Brisbane training sites.
If there are a minimum of ten students, DGT can also deliver a program at your school.
What trade pathways could I choose from by completing this program?
Your trade pathways include - Carpentry, Plumbing, Painting, Electrical, Cabinet Making, Civil Construction ... and many more.