Discover, explore and choose your trade pathway with our Next Step pre-employment programs.
Complete this program and gain:
- Practical training in an industry environment, giving you skills and knowledge to hit the ground running when you start an Apprenticeship or employment.
- Nationally accredited qualifications and experience:
- Work readiness support including resume and career action plan.
- Opportunities for work experience to ensure you’re on the path to success.
- Variety of opportunities to work with different trade businesses to build your experience.
Certificate 3 Guarantee funding information please Click here
Fill in the contact form below or call us on 1300 010 185!
We will be in touch to invite you for a site tour and to discuss whether our Next Step - Engineer Your Career program is right for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is a Pre-Apprenticeship or Pre-Employment program for me?
DGT's Engineer Your Career Pre-Apprenticeship and Pre-Employment programs are the perfect opportunity for:
- Students who are interested in pursuing a trade either through a VET in Schools program, School Based Apprenticeship or as a career post- secondary school, and
- Jobseekers looking to gain a employment in a trade industry.
Why should I complete a Pre–Apprenticeship or Employment Program?
If you complete the program successfully, you'll be fast tracked into an Apprenticeship or employment. By gaining the skills and experience to hit the ground running, you will have a competitive edge with businesses who are looking for Apprentices or employees now.
As a DGT Apprentice, you will also get access to extra courses, licences and tickets that might not be on offer with other employers.
How long will these courses take?
This program is up to 14 weeks in duration.
For VETiS students - These courses are delivered one day/ week over the school year at either our Toowoomba or Brisbane training sites.
If there are a minimum of ten students, DGT can also deliver a program at your school.
What trade pathways could I choose from by completing this program?
Apprenticeship trade pathways include - Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive, Fabrication, Welding, Heavy Machinery Mechanics... and many more.