Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
This course covers the general construction work health and safety induction training required to work on construction sites Australia-wide. You will learn:
- personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements
- how to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others
- how to identify and report common construction hazards
- an understanding of basic risk control measures
- how to identify procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies, and
- how to correctly select and fit common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
Students are required to present three forms of identification at the time of enrolment. This can include driver's licence, passport, high risk work licence, proof of age card, medicare card, birth certificate, financial institution card or Immicard. For further details, please contact our office for a full list of acceptable identification documents.
Those who require a general construction induction training card (previously called a white card) are generally employed in the construction, building, demolition, bricklaying, concreting and trades industries.
This WHS knowledge is mandatory for those working on construction industry work-sites in Australia.
Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Read MoreRead Less
- Delivered at DGT Training Centres in Toowoomba and Brisbane (Meadowbrook). Ask us about on-site bookings for large groups.
- One day of face to face training and assessment.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.