Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
This course prepares you for working in a confined space across a variety of industries including construction, resources, farming, trades and more.
This course teaches:
- Identifying confined spaces
- Practical entry and exit into and from a confined space
- Identifying and assessing hazards and risks when working in a confined space
- To plan and prepare for entering and working in confined spaces
- To complete a record and/or report of work completed whilst in a confined space
- To interpret Australian Standards and relevant legislation
- To write work plans and risk assessments
- To work to a confined space permit
- To work according to site policy and procedures
- Lockout and tag out methods of isolation
- Safety and emergency procedures
This course is suited to anyone in the electrical, safety, maintenance, emergency, risk, mining, telecommunications, operations, transport or construction industries.
DGT will supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training. Trainees must provide:
• Appropriate clothing and closed-in footwear
There are no formal entry requirements stipulated for this training program, however participants are required to possess basic language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Training Course Refresher
Confined space refresher training is recommended every 12—24 months under Australian Standard AS2865-2009.
Enter and work in confined spaces
Read MoreRead Less
- Delivered at DGT Training Centre (56 Duhig Centre, Toowoomba). Ask us about on-site bookings for large groups.
- One day of classroom and practical training.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.