This course is aimed at providing the necessary skills and knowledge to operate a telescopic materials handler (telehandler) safely and efficiently. The course is a mixture of in class theory, practical demonstration and assessment covering all aspect of operation including legislation; hazards and risk control; planning; pre-use inspections; load charts; load characteristics; attachments; safe operation; transport; reporting procedures; shut down and post operation checks.
This course is suited to those interested in civil construction, extractive, earthmoving, transport and Logistics and similar industries.
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge in:
- Plan Operations: Hazard management and consultation
- Pre-operational Inspections: on the telehandler and each type of attachment being conducted
- Operate: Attach, secure, lift, carry and place materials
- Operate: Select, remove and fit attachments
- Conclude Operations: Parking, securing the equipment and following site specific procedures
Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
Read MoreRead Less
- This course is delivered in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
- The mode of delivery for this course is one day face to face.
This course does attract Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding for eligible students. For further details on eligibility requirements, please contact our office on 1300 010 185.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.