Operate Elevating Work Platform
This course is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills to operate elevating work platforms which are classified as requiring a high risk work (HRW) licence. If you need to operate boom lifts that have a capacity beyond 11m, please see our EWP High Risk licence course.
The unit covers the operation of a range of elevating work platforms under 11m and will provide participants with skills and knowledge to operate EWPs that are transferrable to any EWP under 11m.
Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Training is suitable for people working in and around Elevating Work Platforms (EWP) for example: Riggers, Electricians, Welders, Fitters and T/A's.
On completion of the course, participants will have gained the following skills and knowledge:
- Access, interpret and apply elevating work platforms documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
- Select and wear personal protective equipment
- Identify and select any required tools and equipment
- Perform pre-start and post-start inspections/checks
- Coordinate activities with others prior to commencement of, and during, the work activity
- Identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, and implement control measures
- Obtain and interpret emergency procedures
- Stabilise elevating work platform
- Operate elevating work platform within performance capabilities of machine
- Act on or report, verbally or in writing, monitoring systems and alarms
- Recognise and respond to hazardous and emergency situations
- Complete work and shut-down in accordance with agreed work plan
- Carry out work platform inspections and fault finding
- Carry out minor operator maintenance to manufacturer’s instructions and site requirements
- Process written records
- Clear work area and reuse, recycle or dispose of materials
- Check, clean, maintain and store plant, tools and equipment
Operate elevating work platform
Read MoreRead Less
- Delivered at DGT Training Centres in Toowoomba and Brisbane (Meadowbrook). Ask us about on-site bookings for large groups
- The mode of delivery for this course is one day face to face.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.