Gas Test Atmospheres
This Gas Test Atmospheres training course is for individuals who may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. This can include work environments that are hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, or workplace atmospheres which may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.
The course covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere using electronic test apparatus to find out if it is safe for the proposed work, interpret readings and take actions based on the interpretation.
Areas that may need to be atmospherically tested can include:
- Confined Spaces
- Enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- Hot works
- Storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts and ducts
- Testing as part of issuing a work permit
- Monitoring as part of working under a permit
- Open areas
Students will learn:
- Legislative framework for gas detection
- Determining when is gas testing required
- Gas testing permits to work and hot work requirements
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Risk assessments and the need to consider atmospheric monitoring requirements during the risk assessment
- Confined space permit overview
- Air densities of common gases
- Oxygen deficiency, oxygen enrichment, lower explosive levels, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide, methane and other gases
- Exposure limits: TWAs, STELs, IDLHs etc
- Gas testing log sheets
- Gas detector maintenance
- Gas detector bump testing and calibration requirements
- Gas detector records
This course is recommended for people working in, or who will be working in operational roles that may need to undertake testing and monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace.
DGT will supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training. Students must provide:
• Appropriate clothing and closed-in footwear
There are no formal entry requirements stipulated for this training program, however participants are required to possess basic language, literacy and numeracy skills.
Gas Test Atmospheres
Read MoreRead Less
- Delivered at DGT Training Centres in Toowoomba and Brisbane (Meadowbrook). Ask us about on-site bookings for large groups.
- This course will take approximately 4 hours to complete
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.