Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety
This course will teach you to:
- Identify hazards and how to assess and control risks
- Develop WHS policies and procedures
- Establish, review and evaluate WHS measures and initiatives
- Identify, interpret and apply WHS Legislation with the inclusion of Australian Standards, Codes and Guidelines
- Implement continuous improvement processes
- Manage claims and implement rehabilitation / return-to-work programs
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety provides highly sort after and transferable skills relevant to a number of Industries. This qualification applies to job roles and titles across varying sectors and may include:
- Work Health and Safety Officer
- Work Health and Safety Adviser
- Work Health and Safety Coordinator
- Line Managers
- Site Supervisors / Managers
- Human Resources
- Emergency response
Upon successful completion of the course, you may apply for a Work Health and Safety Officer (WHSO) certificate of authority from Workplace Health and Safety Queensland as the BSB41419 course has been deemed an equivalent qualification for WHSO certification. Applications must be submitted directly to Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
To successfully achieve this qualification, you must complete ten units of competency. There are five core units and five elective units.
There are no formal pre-requisites to undertake the BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety, although the following skills are recommended:
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills
- Be able to conduct research and present information
Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
Contribute to WHS risk management
Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
Contribute to workplace incident response
Read MoreRead Less
Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
Implement continuous improvement
Analyse and present research information
Read MoreRead Less
- This course is delivered through a variety of online, self-paced and classroom intensive options.
- Students will have up to 12 months to complete their qualification.
DGT Employment and Training is a proud recipient of Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding for this course.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.