Certificate III in Civil Construction (Pipe Laying)
This qualification reflects the role of individuals working as skilled operators in civil construction, who apply a broad range of skills in varied work contexts, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge. The individual may provide theoretical advice and support a team.
This specialisation ensures you are skilled in pipe laying infrastructure.
- Time and project management skill development
- Workplace Health and Safety requirements to perform civil construction works
- Metric and calculation skills
- Use of mixed materials to facilitate storm water, sewerage and water-supply
- Underground services studies
- Interpretation of plans and specifications
This course is suitable for those who are employed in quarrying, plant operation, civil construction, earthmoving, or general operations.
To successfully achieve this qualification, learners must demonstrate competency in a total of twenty units of competency, which is made up of eight core units and eighteen elective units.
Plan and organise work
Carry out measurements and calculations
Communicate in the workplace
Apply risk management processes
Use hand and power tools
Operate small plant and equipment
Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Read and interpret plans and job specifications
Read MoreRead Less
Identify, locate and protect underground services
Carry out manual excavation
Support plant operations
Spread and compact materials manually
Carry out basic levelling
Drain and dewater civil construction sites
Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
Implement traffic management plans
Install trench support
Install water mains pipelines
Install storm water systems
Install sewer pipelines
Conduct local risk control
Install sub-soil drainage
Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations
Load and unload plant
Read MoreRead Less
- Combination of practical and theoretical learning and assessment.
- Have your existing skills recognised or complete this course as a traineeship on the job. Three years full-time and six years part-time.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.