Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
Accelerate your knowledge and career in civil construction and plant operations with DGT’s real world course.
This course will teach you:
- Time and project management skill development
- Metric and calculation skills
- In-depth studies of plant operations
- Underground services studies
- Interpretations of plans and specifications
This course is suitable for those who are employed in quarrying, plant operation, civil construction, earthmoving, or general operations.
To successfully achieve this qualification, learners must demonstrate competency in a total of twenty units of competency, which is made up of fifteen core units and five elective units.
Plan and organise work
Carry out measurements and calculations
Identify, locate and protect underground services
Carry out manual excavation
Support plant operations
Spread and compact materials manually
Carry out basic levelling
Communicate in the workplace
Apply risk management processes
Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
Use hand and power tools
Operate small plant and equipment
Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Drain and dewater civil construction sites
Read and interpret plans and job specifications
Read MoreRead Less
Conduct Roller Operations
Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations
Conduct civil construction dozer operations
Load and unload plant
Read MoreRead Less
- Combination of practical and theoretical learning and assessment. See full list of elective options here.
- Have your existing skills recognised or complete this course as a traineeship on the job. Three years full-time and six years part-time.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.