Certificate III in Carpentry - transitioning qualification*
This course is specific for undertaking a carpentry apprenticeship, offering training and real-world experience to become a qualified tradesman.
This course will teach you:
- To interpret plans and specifications in order to plan and organise work
- To construct timber walls, doors and install and replace windows
- To use levelling devices
- To construct pitched roofs, ceiling framers and eaves
- To construct, install and finish structures and fixtures on residential and commercial buildings and infrastructure
This course is ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in building, carpentry, construction, trades training, joinery and more.
To complete this training course, you must first secure employment as a carpentry apprentice. To successfully achieve this qualification, learners must complete thirty units of competency, including twenty-two core units and eight elective units.
Use Carpentry tools & equipment
Handle carpentry materials
Carry out general demolition of minor building structures
Carry out setting out
Carry out levelling operations
Work effectively & sustainably in the construction industry
Plan & organise work
Conduct workplace communication
Carry out measurements & calculations
Read and interpret plans & specifications
Carry out excavation
Erect & dismantle restricted height scaffolding
Work safely at heights
Use explosive power tools
Carry out concreting to simple forms
Apply OHS requirements, policies & procedures in the construction industry
Read MoreRead Less
Frame & fit wet area fixtures
Install lining, panelling and moulding
Construct timber external stairs
Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
Install exterior cladding
Install and replace windows and doors
Operate elevated work platforms
Enter and work in confined spaces
Read MoreRead Less
- On-the-job learning with one-on-one observations of training and assessment
- Full Trainer support via phone, email and on-site workplace visits
- 3-4 years full-time training
- 4-6 years part-time training
- *CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry is superseded by CPC30220 Certificate III in Carpentry. Transition end date 27/11/2022, please see the DGT Training Package Transition Policy for further information.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.