Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
Enhance your opportunities to gain a complete apprenticeship by undertaking this course offering real-world skill development in the engineering and manufacturing industry.
This course will give you an introduction to the engineering and manufacturing industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations.
You will learn:
- essential work health and safety requirements
- communication skills
- work planning, and
- interact with computing technology
- use of power tools and fabrication equipment
- complete a basic engineering project
The qualification is suited to VET in Schools programs for high school students considering employment in the Construction Industry, or anyone looking to work as a labourer or handyman. This qualification is a pathway course for those looking to enrol in further study in carpentry, construction, furniture making, plumbing, electrical studies, and landscaping.
To successfully achieve this qualification, you must complete twelve units of competency. There are four core units and eight elective units.
- Sound ability in English and Mathematics, or equivalent.
- All students must acquire and wear the correct PPE. This includes protective eyewear, protective footwear, and protective clothing.
Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment
Develop a career plan for the engineering and manufacturing industry
Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Undertake a basic engineering project
Read MoreRead Less
Work in a team
Use electric welding machines
Interact with computing technology
Use fabrication equipment
Organise and communicate information
Use hand tools
Use power tools/hand held operation
Use engineering workshop machines
Read MoreRead Less
- This course is a combination of practical and theory work undertaken at your school or at a DGT Training Facility.
- Contact us for information on training locations in South East Queensland.
- One day per week across the school year for VET in Schools (VETiS) students.
- 12 weeks for learners enrolled outside a VETiS program.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.