We’re here for you with free training
Making it easy to get skills with free training.
As part of our response to the economic impacts of COVID-19, DGT Employment and Training is making it easy for businesses and individuals to get new skills with free training programs in May and June.
As a community organisation DGT is here to support businesses and the community during tough times.
These courses are all free and open to any business or individual.
All training is delivered at our Toowoomba site where we guarantee COVID-19 safe training that meets social distancing requirements and strict hygiene protocols.
Enrol in a course today or register below to go in the draw to win a $5000 training account with DGT to spend on any of our training courses and programs.
Click on one of the courses below to enrol.
Terms and conditions
- Maximum 2 courses per person for the duration of the campaign
- Toowoomba DGT based (on-site) training only
- All the required identification must be available either before, or on the day of training
- Certificates will be processed within 28 days of completion of the course
Competition terms and conditions:
- One entry to the draw per person, per free course completion
- Entry to the prize draw requires full attendance and completion of the training course enrolled in
- For company bookings, the $5,000 prize goes to the business
- The $5000 training prize will have a duration of 6 months from the date of draw
- The prize draw will be undertaken in a fair and equitable manner with no contest or further consultation upon announcement of the winner
- The prize is not transferable for cash or credit
To win a $5000 virtual training account with DGT!
Frequently Asked Questions
What time does the course start and finish?View MoreView Less
The course start and finish time will be listed on your confirmation email upon booking confirmation. The start times are firm, please arrive 10 minutes prior to ensure you are ready to commence on time.
Are there any pre-requisites for me to complete this course?View MoreView Less
There are no pre-requisites for the courses being undertaken in this campaign, however a basic level of literacy and numeracy is required to ensure you are able to read and fully complete the enrolment process.
Is there a requirement to undertake any physical activities?View MoreView Less
For Confined Space and Working at Heights Training, students are required to enter an enclosed area and climb over obstacles, as well as climb a ladder. Students need to be able to competently complete all practical tasks to be awarded with a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
First Aid does require students to kneel down and conduct rescue breathes and compressions on a mannequin. Students need to advise DGT in advance if you are unable to kneel and return to a standing position prior to attending the course.
When will I receive my certificate?View MoreView Less
Upon completion of the training day, your Trainer will advise if you have successfully completed all aspects of the course. Your certificate will be processed by our Business Support team within 28 days of course completion with a copy provided to you electronically, or hard copy for you to collect from the DGT Toowoomba office.
For non-accredited training, certificates of attendance will provided within the same timeframes.
How many courses am I able to undertake as part of DGT Free Training promotion?View MoreView Less
Students can complete a maximum of two (2) free courses as part of this campaign during the month of June
What is a Unique Student Identifier (USI)?View MoreView Less
The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
- will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- is free and easy to create and
- stays with you for life
You need a USI upon enrolment with DGT as part of our legislative reporting requirements of a registered training organisation. We cannot issue a qualification or Statement of Attainment without a USI.
How is training delivered face to face in the current Covid-19 environment?View MoreView Less
DGT is continually monitoring and in strict adherence with the latest advice from the Federal and State Governments regarding social distancing. DGT maintains regular cleaning to ensure a safe environment, with sanitiser available in each classroom. Class sizes have been limited to allow for 1.5m social distancing requirements and all machinery / plant and resources are disinfected after each student use.