DGT’s Skilled Up - Build Program is a 18 week paid Construction traineeship, exclusively for 12 participants interested in building a career in Construction whilst working towards attaining a Certificate I in Construction CPC10111.
You will acquire “on the job” training, practical work skills, access to industry contacts life skills and career guidance and employment support from DGT needed to secure and maintain employment in the Construction industry.
Why choose this traineeship?
- Get paid to train & learn
- Learn life skills incl. cooking & budgets
- More chance to land a job
- Get in front of the right people
Eligibility criteria does apply and includes;
- Queensland Resident
- 15 years or older
- Not still attending school
In addition DGT has the following selection criteria;
- Have a legitimate interest in gaining a career in the construction industry
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to actively participate and work well with others
- Drivers licence or access to own transport is desirable
DGT encourages people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply. Applications close 28th February 2018. For further information on the program please contact DGT on 4639 2099. These traineeships are made possible through the Skilling Queenslanders for Work State Government initiative.