For safety's sake.
This training course provides current and future Traffic Controllers with a practical learning experience of the day to day operations and other requirements that must be adhered to while preforming Traffic Control duties.
This training course will teach you:
- Skills and knowledge required to control traffic with stop-slow bat in the resources and infrastructure industries
- Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements
Relevant Career Pathways
This is a mandatory unit for Traffic Controllers in Queensland.
Therefore anyone who is required to Control Traffic as part of their employment is required to gain and retain this competency.
Types of careers this unit is helpful and for some mandatory include;
- Civil Construction
- Freight and Haulage
To become an accredited traffic controller in Queensland, you must:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must declare to RTO that he/she meets the traffic controller medical fitness requirements
- Have held an open or provisional driver licence (Australian or foreign) within the last 5 years (this ensures applicants have an understanding of vehicle manoeuvrability and braking dynamics)
- Must hold a Construction Induction card (may be a Queensland construction blue card or a national white card)
- Trainees must have an appropriate level of learning, literacy and numeracy skills to undertake the training to become a traffic controller
- Complete an approved traffic controller training course.
- Lodge your application online or in person at a transport and motoring service centre.
Information for renewing Traffic Controllers
Your Traffic Controller Industry Authority Card must be renewed every three years.
To renew your Traffic Controller accreditation in Queensland you are required to demonstrate currency of industry practice as a Traffic Controller. You must provide evidence of having worked at least 16 hours within the last 12 months. It is your responsibility to ensure that you maintain current accreditation when performing traffic control duties.
Traffic control duties must not be undertaken if your Traffic Controller Industry Authority Card has expired.
The renewal process will also apply to participants holding a current out of state traffic controller licence.
The unit of competency issued once all learning requirements of this training course are satisfactorily met is;
- RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat
This nationally recognised qualification is issued by DGT with the Registered Training Orgnisation (RTO) number 1719.
Full course cost: $600
Renewal course cost: $300
1 Day over 8 hours classroom learning.
Plus 20 Hours Logbook experience required.
You may be placed with one of the following Companies: Lockyer Valley Traffic Management; Western Downs Traffic Control P/L or Traffic Group Australia to complete practical log book hours.
A typical course runs from 7:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
The classroom learning will be run from DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us here or by phoning 1300 010 185. Enquire Now