Reach new heights.
Working up high is dangerous.
Our industry approved, nationally recognised Working at Heights Ticket will ensure that you get the skills you need to work safely from any height.
This training course will teach you:
- Working at heights legislation
- Working at heights hazards, risk analysis and identification
- How to select and inspect the correct safety harness equipment
- Identifying appropriate rescue procedures
Relevant Career Pathways
This unit it appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
This could include for careers in;
- Resource Industry
- Cabling and Installations
- Civil Construction
We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses etc.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
There are no formal entry requirements stipulated for this training programme; however participants are required to possess basic language, literacy and numeracy skills.
If you have any concerns regarding the language, literacy or numeracy requirements, please contact the DGT team.
This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with students who are deemed competent receiving a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by DGT (RTO 1719).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
Face to face classroom and practical learning.
1 day (allow 8 hours)
A typical course runs from 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
The course will be run from DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.