Plan to save lives.
The statistics highlight the criticality of traffic management and the creation of traffic management plans.
Workers as well as members of the public need to be protected, which is why every site and diligent industry member require traffic management qualifications.
This course is aimed at persons required to read, interpret, and implement traffic management plans and install / remove signs and devices in accordance with procedures set out in the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices Part 3 (MUTCD) while ensuring traffic flow is maintained and safety of the public is maximised.
This course will teach you:
- How to identify hazards
- How to assess and control risk
- How to develop skills and knowledge to implement a traffic management plan
- Licensing, legislative, regulatory & certification requirements
Relevant Career Pathways
This unit is appropriate for those working in supervisory roles where managing traffic is a requirement, with many of our students coming from the Civil Construction Industry.
- Current drivers licence
- Construction Industry White Card
- Completion certificates (x2) for “Working in Proximity to Traffic (WPT)” Part 1 and 2 TMR eLearn programs
Register at: https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/business-industry/Commercial-services/Technical-training
- Own means of transport: placement will involve travel to work sites
- Basic literacy skills – English (WH & S requirement)
- Minimum of 18 years of age (WH & S requirement)
- Two forms of identification – drivers licence & White Card ID
- Undertake a site-specific induction
- Wear neat and tidy attire and steel capped or safety boots during training
- Attend 8-hour course (approximate)
TMI refresher pre-requisites: (to be submitted prior to OR on training day)
- Certificate of Completion – Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 1
- Certificate of Completion – Working in Proximity to Traffic Part 2
- Currency of Industry Practice Logbook (with x2 Third Party Reports included in the form)
- TGS used, Toolbox/Pre-start documentation
- SWMS Risk Assessment Management Plan
- QLD TMI Card (previous)
- TMI Statement of Attainment (previous) – optional; submit when available
RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
8 Hours in our classroom
Plus three practical setups, 8 hours per setup.
A typical course runs from 7:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
The course will be run from DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan