Demolish the competition.
A Pre-Vocational Course in General Construction from DGT could be the building blocks for your trades career. By completing this course you will enhance your opportunities to gain a construction apprenticeship, get ahead of likely competition for the apprenticeship and test the waters to ensure the Construction industry is where you want to take your career.
This course will teach you how to:
- Follow WH&S policies and procedures;
- Plan and organise work;
- Conduct workplace communication;
- Carry out measurements and calculations;
- Read and interpret plans;
- Undertake practical construction projects; and
- Use construction tools and equipment.
Relevant Career Pathways
Those who complete this national qualification may then;
- Apply for an apprenticeship
- Develop a handyman business
- Enrol into a Certificate II pre-vocational program
- Gain work as a casual labourer
All of which may assist in creating career pathways in;
- Cabinet maker
- Furniture maker
DGT facilitates training and SAT's for
- Any student 15 years of age and over.
Candidates for these programs, must show a strong interest in the industry you are enrolling for which is gauged through a short application questionnaire and also through relevant aptitude tests taken as part of the enrolment process.
This training course requires a total of 11 units of competency comprising of 8 core units and elective units as offered by DGT.
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2005B Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the
- construction industry
- CPCCVE1011A Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
On successful completion of this course you will
receive the below nationally recognised qualifications:
- CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction and;
- CPCCOHS1001A White Card
Course cost is fully funded by VETis however please note eligibility criteria applies.
Begin the process by registering your interest for our 2018 intake with your school V.E.T coordinator. They will then talk to DGT to find out more on your behalf.
Participants will attend one day per week, starting in February 2018.
The program will include practical work experience or work projects available during school holidays.
Classroom learning will take place at the DGT Training Centre located at;
56 Duhig Street Harristown
Start Time: 8.30 am
Finish Time: 3.30pm
PPE: Hi Vis Shirt and Steel Cap boots
Please remember to bring your own lunch and morning tea. Full kitchen facilties including microwave and fridge are available at the Training Centre.
CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us here or by phoning 1300 010 185. Enquire Now