Certificate IV in New Small Business
Acquire the essential skills and knowledge required to work in a business environment.
This course will teach you:
- How to prepare and maintain small business finances
- Business management and small business marketing
- How to establish networks and build client relationships
- How to establish and manage risk and legal requirements including HR
This course is suited to entrepreneurs, business owners, contractors, sub-contractors and owner-operators.
To successfully achieve this qualification, you must complete ten units of competency. There are four core units and six elective units.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Establish legal & risk management requirements of small business
Market the small business
Undertake small business planning
Manage small business finances
Read MoreRead Less
Manage a small team
Build client relationships and business networks
Undertake project work
Promote products and services
Report on financial activity
Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
Review and maintain a website
Implement & monitor WHS policies, procedures & programs to meet legislative requirements
Read MoreRead Less
- Online learning portal accompanied by competency-based flexible learning. Full learning support provided by trainers via email, phone and face-to-face visits.
- 24 months part-time and 12 months full-time.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.