Certificate II in Horticulture
Gain an introduction to the horticulture industry by acquiring real-world skills and knowledge in how to:
- recognise, propagate, pot up and plant different plants
- prune shrubs and small trees
- treat weeds, pests and diseases
- care for nursery plants
- maintain indoor plants and plant displays.
The qualification is suited to VET in Schools programs for high school students considering employment in the Horticulture Industry, or anyone looking to work as a horticulture assistant in a nursery or in parks and gardens.
To be awarded this qualification, you must successfully complete fifteen units of competency. There are five core units and ten elective units to complete. Click on the Core and Elective buttons to see the units included in this course.
Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
Assist with soil or growing media sampling & testing
Participate in Work Health and Safety Processes
Read MoreRead Less
Pot up plants
Care for nursery plants
Undertake propagation activities
Maintain indoor plants
Plant trees and shrubs
Prepare and maintain plant displays
Prune shrubs and small trees
Work effectively in the industry
Participate in workplace communications
Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Read MoreRead Less
- This course is a combination of practical and theory work undertaken at your school or at a DGT Training Facility.
- This course is delivered through a variety of flexible options. Contact us for information on training options and locations in South East Queensland.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.