Certificate I in Construction
Enhance your opportunities to gain a complete apprenticeship by undertaking this course offering real-world skill development in construction.
This course will teach you:
- Basic use of tools and materials
- Essential work health and safety requirements
- Green building skills
- Work planning
- The industrial and work organisation structure
- Communication skills
Upon successful completion of this course you will also receive a General Safety Induction (White Card).
This course is suitable for those looking to work as a labourer or handyman. Similarly, it is a pathway course for those looking to enrol in further study in carpentry, construction, furniture making, plumbing, electrical studies, and landscaping.
To successfully achieve this qualification, you must complete eleven units of competency. There are eight core units and three elective units.
- Recommended: Sound achievement in Year 10 English and Mathematics, or equivalent
- All students must acquire and wear the correct PPE. This includes protective eyewear (clear safety glasses as per Australian Standard AS 1336 or 1337), protective footwear (safety toe, leather upper, non-slip as per AS2210), and protective clothing (sleeved, cotton work wear or employer supplied uniform.
Work effectively & sustainably in the construction industry
Conduct workplace communication
Plan & organise work
Read and interpret plans & specifications
Use construction tools & equipment
Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Apply OHS requirements, policies & procedures in the construction industry
Undertake a basic construction project
Read MoreRead Less
Carry out measurements & calculations
Handle construction materials
Apply basic levelling procedures
Read MoreRead Less
- Combination of practical and theory work.
- One day per week across the school year.
Eligibility criteria applies. Contact DGT for more information.
Not sure where to start? Let's talk it through!
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us using the "I want to know more" button above or by calling us on 1300 010 185.