RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
Course Category: Construction / Trade
Reach new heights in your career.
Working up high is dangerous. Get the skills you need to work safely from any height. Our industry approved, nationally recognised Working at Heights Ticket will ensure that you have the best quality and most appropriate heights safety training so you have the skills and knowledge when on site.
- Friendly and dedicated trainers.
- Full learning support from training course enrolment to certification.
- High quality personalised training.
- Highly professional approach to your learning.
- Full funding available on selected training courses for those eligible.
You can rely on us to ensure you gain your industry ticket for Working at Heights with flying colours and within the time you expect to. DGT have been a local trusted training supplier within Toowoomba and the Darling Downs for over 30 years and we look forward to showing you why.
This course develops participant’s skills and knowledge required to work safety at heights in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. It is appropriate for those working in operational roles where they are required to perform work at heights.
This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with students who are deemed competent receiving a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by DGT (RTO 1719).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights
This course will teach you;
- Working at heights legislation
- Working at heights hazards, risk analysis and identification
- How to select and inspect the correct safety harness equipment
- Identifying appropriate rescue procedures
REMEMBER: Having a tested, effective rescue plan for all work at heights where a fall is possible is the law!
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this course can vary between states, territories, and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
Potential Career Pathways
Anyone who finds themselves working whilst at heights will find this course beneficial and it's the law in most circumstances.
- Industrial Roofer
- Agricultural Application
- General Construction
- Civil Construction
All core competencies below must be completed;
1. Identify work requirements
- 1.1 Access, interpret and apply height safety procedures and ensure the work activity is compliant
- 1.2 Inspect site to determine layout and physical condition, condition of structures, prevailing weather conditions, equipment requirements and potential hazards
- 1.3 Adhere to WHS requirements
- 1.4 Identify, select and check safety equipment for serviceability
- 1.5 Identify, manage and report potential risks and hazards
2. Identify work procedures and instructions
- 2.1 Consult with authorised personnel to select materials, tools and equipment and check for serviceability
- 2.2 Select, wear and care for personal protective equipment
- 2.3 Inspect/install fall protection and perimeter protection equipment
- 2.4 Identify approved methods of moving tools and equipment to work area and minimise potential hazards associated with tools at heights
- 2.5 Ensure safety system has been installed correctly
- 2.6 Select and install appropriate signs and barricades
3. Access and install equipment
- 3.1 Consult with authorised personnel to ensure anchor fall protection and associated equipment is correctly fitted and adjusted
- 3.2 Ensure all required equipment is installed
- 3.3 Use recommended methods to access work area for people, tools and equipment
- 3.4 Locate tools and materials to eliminate or minimise the risk of items being knocked down
4. Perform work at heights
- 4.1 Check access from ground to work area and ensure it is safe
- 4.2 Keep fall equipment in place and adjusted appropriately for movement during work
- 4.3 Undertake manual handling of materials and equipment
- 4.4 Locate materials and equipment ensuring that they are safely secured and distributed
- 4.5 Check safety system periodically for compliance
- 4.6 Monitor risk control measures to ensure that they are effective and appropriate
- 4.7 Reassess risk control measures, as required, in accordance with changed work practices and/or site conditions and undertake alterations
5. Clean up work area
- 5.1 Consult with authorised personnel to ensure safety system is dismantled and removed
- 5.2 Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials
- 5.3 Clean, check, maintain and store tools and equipment
RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights
Duration: 1 day Classroom Learning
Location: DGT Training Centre - 56 Duhig Street, Harristown, 4350.
See below for dates and cost.
Why not check out our other courses that complement this ticket;
- RIIWHS202D Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
- CPCCOHS1001A White Card
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- TLILIC2001A Licence To Operate a Forklift Truck
EnquireFor more information on this course enquire here
RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights
|Jan 9, 2018||Location:
|Jan 23, 2018||Location:
|Feb 6, 2018||Location:
Back to Courses