Lift your career to new heights.
Mandatory for those in Warehousing operations and for most in Construction getting your Forklift Licence is an excellent investment for your career.
You can rely on DGT's Forklift Training and learning support to ensure you gain your Forklift Licence with ease, within your allocated timeframe. Get ready to take your career to the next level in these super handy, uplifting vehicles.
This training course will teach you:
- Introduction to Forklifts
- Pre-operation checks
- Forklift Planning
- Risk management
- Forklift Emergency procedures
- Shifting loads with your forklift
- Manoeuvring your forklift
- Stacking pallets safely with a forklift
- Lifting heavy loads with a forklift
- Shut down procedures for your forklift
Relevant Career Pathways
This course is for anyone who will be operating a forklift within the course of their employment will require forklift training and licence. Most of our forklift course learners are from a construction or warehousing background, where forklift training is mandatory.
Helpful when pursuing a career in;
- Freight Handling
- Stage Production
- Land Management
- Civil Construction
Please see requirements for learners below;
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have access to forklift for training
- Must be able to complete 40 hours logbook training on forklift within 6 months of training day
- Must have access to supervisor with forklift license for log book
Your Forklift Licence will last 5 years.
High Risk licence are no longer lodged with Australia Post. Applicants must lodge their application online at www.worksafe.qld.gov.au or by telephone on 1300 362 128. This must be done within 60 days of successfully completing the practical assessment.
The licence issued once all learning requirements of this training course are satisfactorily met is;
- TLILIC2001 Licence To Operate a Forklift Truck
This nationally recognised qualification is issued by DGT with the Registered Training Orgnisation (RTO) number 1719.
Delivery & Duration2 Day - Split Face to Face Course
- First join us for Day 1 of training - Theory Section
- Then gain 40 hours log book training supervised by a Forklift Licence Holder - must be completed within 6 months of Day 1
- Finally join us for Day 2 - Forklift Licence Assessment: Theory, Calculations and Practical Testing
For the 2 days of training you will be located at DGT's dedicated training centre which is found at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
For the logbook work you are required to be located on site with supervision from a current Forklift Licence Holder