Nail down a career in Carpentry.
This qualification is specific to those undertaking a carpentry apprenticeship.
The DGT team will assign one of our trade qualified, experienced trainers to work with the apprentice and employer to develop a personalised Training Plan with consideration given to the individual circumstances and the range of work that will be covered in the workplace.
DGT's Certificate III in Carpentry course is self-paced, flexible and has a strong focus on the practical skills developed in the workplace.
Each apprentice employed by DGT will be allocated an Employment Consultant. This is to support each DGT apprentice and their Host Businesses throughout the training process, ensuring apprentices are developing skills and progressing through the apprenticeship and training.
This course will teach you:
- To plan and organise work
- To read and interpret plans and specifications
- To construct timber walls
- To install and replace windows and doors
- To construct pitched roofs, ceiling frames and eaves
- To use a laser and dumpy level
- To frame and fit fixtures in wet areas
- How to erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on the ground.
- You will also gain skills in a number of other areas including working safely at heights and erecting scaffold
Relevant Career Pathways
This training course is for those completing apprenticeships in Carpentry and therefore is specifically for those interested in pursuing careers as;
It can also be useful in pursuing careers as;
To begin this training course you must first have secured employment as a Carpentry apprentice. If you are still looking and are interested in registering your interest for this type of apprenticeship, please do so here.
If you are an employer seeking a Carpentry apprentice let us know by filling out the form found here.
To achieve this qualification, learners must demonstrate competency in a total of 30 units of competency which is made up of 22 core units and 8 elective units. All of which are listed under the heading Course Units.
- CPCCCA2002B Use carpentry tools and equipment
- CPCCCA2011A Handle carpentry materials
- CPCCCA3001A Carry out general demolition of minor building structures
- CPCCCA3002A Carry out setting out
- CPCCCA3023A Carry out levelling operations
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2002A Carry out excavation
- CPCCCM2007B Use explosive power tools
- CPCCCM2008B Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- CPCCCM2010B Work safely at heights
- CPCCCO2013A Carry out concreting to simple forms
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
Construction and erection of frames, trusses, eaves and roofs field of work
- CPCCCA3003A Install flooring systems
- CPCCCA3004A Construct wall frames
- CPCCCA3005B Construct ceiling frames
- CPCCCA3006B Erect roof trusses
- CPCCCA3007C Construct pitched roofs
- CPCCCA3008B Construct eaves
Installation field of work
- CPCCCA3010A Install and replace windows and doors
- CPCCCA3012A Frame and fit wet area fixtures
- CPCCCA3013A Install lining, panelling and moulding
- CPCCCA3016A Construct timber external stairs
- CPCCCA2003A Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground
- CPCCCA3014A Construct bulkheads
- CPCCCA3015A Assemble partitions
- CPCCCA3017B Install exterior cladding
- CPCCSF2004A Place and fix reinforcement materials
- RIIOHS202A Enter and work in confined spaces
Reissue of certificates will incur a cost of $30
At least 3 - 4 years full time. Consisting of a combination of classroom learning, on the job learning and in own time learning. Fully flexible start dates to suit your needs and approximately 4 years standard expected duration to complete the training.
Our system is truly self-paced and suits all apprentices from mature aged apprentices to young apprentices starting out in their first career, including part time and school based apprentices.
Blended flexible mode of training delivery. Trainer support and mentoring provided. Training delivery and assessments are undertaken with a strong focus on the practical skills developed on the job.
CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us here or by phoning (07) 4639 2099. Enquire Now