Be prepared to care.
Show your respect for those around you by learning to keep yourself and others safe. Be prepared for any emergency and learn the life-saving skills to protect those you care about.
Safety doesn't happen by accident, First Aid courses and training give you the knowledge to act.
Make a decision today that could mean life or death tomorrow.
DGT's First Aid Courses and Training are extensive and excellent quality. So whether it be your colleagues, family, friends or students they will thank you for stepping up, choosing quality training and taking responsibility for their safety.
By completing this training course you will be able to;
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
This training course will teach you:
- How to perform Basic Life Support and CPR
- Shock Management
- Handling of Poisons and Toxic Substances
- How to manage airway-related situations and cardiac emergencies
- How to use an AED (automated external defibrillator)
- Treatment of seizures, convulsions and bleeding
- Wound care for burns and scalds
- How to deal with musculoskeletal injuries
- Dealing with bites and stings
- Caring for abdominal injuries
Relevant Career Pathways
Our First Aid Training Course is applicable across all industries and is recognised nationwide.
Gain this certification to boost your resume, career prospects and also to simply be able to care when it matters most.
This training course may be a requirement for the following career pathways;
- Health care workers
- Aged care workers
- Resource Industry Roles
- Construction Trades
- Hospitality Industry Roles
There are no pre-requisites for this course; however it is recommended that participants have sufficient English language and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the training.
Participants will also be required to undertake practical training and assessments at floor level. This includes demonstrating CPR on a manikin for a period of two minutes.
If you have poor mobility or a current injury please discuss this with the DGT team prior to booking.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to provide a consent form completed by their legal guardian.
Participants are required to attend 100% of this training and complete all assessments to a satisfactory level at our training facility or in your workplace.
Your Provide First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current.
The unit of competency issued once all learning requirements of this training course are satisfactorily met is;
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This nationally recognised qualification is issued by DGT with the Registered Training Orgnisation (RTO) number 1719.
This course is face-to-face training.
1 day intensive training course.
A typical course runs from 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m
The course will be run from DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
Further First Aid Compentencies are available as below;
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID005 Provide First Aid in Remote Situations
- HLTAID006 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid