Plan to save lives.
The statistics highlight the criticality of traffic management and the creation of traffic management plans. Workers as well as members of the public need to be protected, which is why every site and diligent industry member require traffic management qualifications.
This course is aimed at persons required to read, interpret, and implement traffic management plans and install / remove signs and devices in accordance with procedures set out in the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices Part 3 (MUTCD) while ensuring traffic flow is maintained and safety of the public is maximised.
This course will teach you:
- How to identify hazards
- How to assess and control risk
- How to develop skills and knowledge to implement a traffic management plan
- Licensing, legislative, regulatory & certification requirements
Relevant Career Pathways
This unit is appropriate for those working in supervisory roles where managing traffic is a requirement, with many of our students coming from the Civil Construction Industry.
DGT are committed to deliver the fullest and latest information, this requires all renewal participants to undertake the full program. All students are required to complete three (3) practical setups and incident report paperwork to ensure the Statement of Attainment issued by DGT meets ASQA stringent requirements. These setups must be completed in accordance with the MUTCD on live job sites and within three (3) months of attending the training course.
Participants are also required to have;
- Current Drivers Licence
- Construction Industry ‘White Card’
- Own means of transport – Placement may involve travel to work sites
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide two forms of identification
- Undertake a site specific induction
- Wear steel capped or safety boots during training;
Complete sun protection – hat, long sleeved shirt and pants are also recommended.
Training Renewal Requirements
- You must have a current TMI card
- You must complete TMI renewal training prior to the expiry date on your card
A “Statement of Attendance” will be issued upon the successful completion of the eight (8) hour theory
course. A “Statement of Attainment” and wallet size card will be issued once the trainee has produced the documented evidence of the three (3) practical set ups.
Accreditation is valid for three (3) years and must be renewed by completing the RIIWHS302D Renewal course before the accreditation expiry date.
RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
8 Hours in our classroom
Plus three practical setups, 8 hours per setup.
A typical course runs from 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
The course will be run from DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan
No upcoming instances of this course. Please contact us if you are interested in registering for future courses Enquire Now