Dig deep to keep safe.
This nationally recognised training course will prepare you for working in any confined space, across a variety of industries including Construction, Trades, Civil Construction, Resources and even Farming.
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company's confined space operations.
This training course will teach you:
- Identifying confined spaces
- Identifying hazards when working in a confined space
- To plan and prepare for entering and working in confined spaces
- To exit a confined space
- Identify and assess possible risks of working in confined spaces
- To complete a record and/or report of work completed whilst in a confined space
- To interpret Australian Standards and relevant legislation
- To work to a confined space permit
- To work according to site policy and procedures
- To write work plans and risk assessments
- Lockout and tag out methods of isolation
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Safety and emergency procedures
Relevant Career Pathways
This course is recommended for all workers who will be performing confined space work, but are not required to write a permit, monitor gas levels or wear breathing apparatus.
It may assist when pursuing a career as a;
- Electrical engineers
- Safety inspector
- Safety personnel
- Injury prevention personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Emergency services personnel (fire, ambulance, police)
- Risk manager
- Mine manager
- Telecommunications and cable installation personnel
- Lift operator and installer
- Transport industry worker
- Civil Constrcution worker
There are no formal entry requirements stipulated for this training programme; however participants are required to possess basic language, literacy and numeracy skills.
If you have any concerns regarding the language, literacy or numeracy requirements, please contact the DGT team.
Training Course Refresher Requirements
Confined space refresher training is recommended every 12-24 months under Australian Standard AS2865-2009.
Students who are deemed competent in the unit below will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by DGT (RTO 1719).
National units of competency available:
- RIIWHS202D - Enter and work in confined spaces
DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
The training also involves one to one observations of learning and practical assessment.
Our short training courses are run over just 1 day from classrooms and practical facilities at 56 Duhig Street.
A typical course runs from 8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m, please be prepared for these hours.
For more information on this course contact us below.