Get smart. Work Safe.
Learn how to put Workplace Health and Safety first, upgrade your skills and stand out from your colleagues with our Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety qualification.
Our Cert IV WH&S course supersedes the previous Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety (Cert IV OH&S) and is applicable in a wide variety of industries.
You can rely on us to ensure you gain your Certificate IV with flying colours and within the time you expect to. DGT have been a local trusted supplier within Toowoomba and the Darling Downs for over 30 years and we look forward to showing you why.
This course will teach you:
- Identify hazards
- Assess and control risk
- Contribute to WHS in the workplace
- Manage and consult on WHS issues
- Build business relationships
- Plan and implement emergency response procedures
- Establish, review and evaluate WHS measures and initiatives
Relevant Career Pathways
This training course will help provide the potential for you to forge a career as one of the below;
- Environmental, Health and Safety Officers
- Workplace Health and Safety Offices
- Emergency Response Officers
- Human Resource Specialists
- All Managers and Supervisors
- Health and Safety Committee members and representatives
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills.
- Be able to navigate through web browsers.
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing).
- Be able to conduct research and present information.
- If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire.
Have the ability to:
- Read and comprehend information from a variety of sources
- Communicate effectively with people at all organisational levels
- Facilitate team discussions and participate in meetings
- Issue instructions in an authoritative manner during unusual circumstances
- Carry out simple calculations and analyse data
- Build relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external to an organisation)
- Be confident in presenting information verbally
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
Students who are deemed competent in the above units will receive the BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety , which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The qualification is issued by DGT (RTO 1719).
DGT offer to delivery methods for this training course either online or as a Classroom. Please see below further information on each.
Delivery Option 1 - Online
- Study at your own speed in your own time with DGT trainer support available from our team when you need it.
- Study from wherever you have access to a computer!
- You have 12 months to complete your qualification.
- Motivated students may finish quickly.
Delivery Option 2 - Classroom
- Five days classroom delivery (3 and 2). Flexible learning opportunities and environment. Access to the online learning system and unlimited support from our experienced DGT trainers for the assessment process.
- Allow 8 hours per day.
- Classroom comprises of up to 8 hours per day for 5 days.
- Online you have 12 months to complete your studies
The course will be run from DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
Group Bookings welcome or we can come to your workplace and tailor the delivery solution to you!
BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety