Training that takes you places.
Our industry specific training course will help you accelerate your knowledge and possibly your career within Civil Construction.
The Training Team at DGT will provide theoretical and practical training, assessments and advice whilst supporting the host employer’s team to ensure the training requirements are met and the trainee achieves the outcomes in the elected fields of training in the agreed timeframe.
DGT have a team of highly skilled and qualified industry professionals ready and waiting to take you to the next level in your Civil Construction career.
This training course will teach you how to:
- Apply theoretical knowledge, judgment, discretion and a range of skills to a varied work context within the civil sector.
Relevant Career Pathways
This course is specific for employees within the Civil Construction industy, however the skills and learning involved can be applied across the below industries also;
Requirements: Workplace meets Employer Resource Assessment requirements
This training course comprises of completing 7 core units and 18 elective units.
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204D Operate small plant and equipment
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and
Choose 9 units from Group J electives as below;
- RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIICCM205E Carry out manual excavation
- RIICCM206D Support plant operations
- RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM208D Carry out basic levelling
- RIICRC201D Repair potholes
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of nontoxic materials
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
- RIIWMG203D Drain and dewater civil construction site
Choose 2 units from Group K electives as below;
- RIICRC304D Maintain sealed roads Elective
- RIICRC306D Conduct earthworks Elective
- RIICRC307D Conduct road pavement construction Elective
Choose 7 units from Group L electives as below;
- RIICBS202D Hand spread asphalt
- RIICCM209D Carry out concrete work
- RIICCM210D Install trench support
- RIICCM211D Erect and dismantle temporary fencing and gates
- RIICRC202D Install signs
- RIICRC203D Install sub-soil drainage
- RIICRC204D Install and maintain roadside fixtures
- RIICRC208D Lay pipes
- RIIHAN201D Operate a forklift
- RIIIMG301D Maintain site records
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Stream 4 Road Construction and Maintenance) – Elective Selection
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck
Consists of practical on the job learning and assessment paired with classroom training with DGT.
Full time: 3 years
Part time: 6 Years
The course can be delivered with flexibility anywhere throughout South West Queensland.
Classroom learning will be at DGT's Training Centre, unless more appropriate facilities for distance reasons are sourced near the employer.
To get started, ask your employers to contact DGT to get the process of enrolment started.
RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction
No upcoming instances of this course. Please contact us if you are interested in registering for future courses Enquire Now