Enter the big league.
Our industry specific training course will help you accelerate your knowledge and possibly your career within Civil Construction, specifically where operating plant equipment is necessary.
The Training Team at DGT will provide theoretical and practical training, assessments and advice whilst supporting the host employer’s team to ensure the training requirements are met and the trainee achieves the outcomes in the elected fields of training in the agreed timeframe.
DGT have a team of highly skilled and qualified industry professionals ready and waiting to take you to the next level in your Civil Construction career.
This training course will teach you how to:
- Apply theoretical knowledge, judgment, discretion and a range of skills to a varied work context within the civil sector.
Relevant Career Pathways
This course is specific for employees within the Civil Construction industy, interested in Plant Operations.
Roles this qualification may assist in securing include;
- Face Loader Operator
- Grader Operator
- Front-end Loader Operator
- Quarry Equipment Operator
- Dozer Operator
- Scraper Operator (Civil Construction)
- Mobile Plant Operator
- Backhoe Operator
- Earthmoving Plant Operator
- Water Cart Operator
- Bulldozer Operator
- Grader Operator (Civil Construction)
Requirements: Workplace meets Employer Resource Assessment requirements.
Participants are usually employed within the Civil Construction industry and this qualification is seen as a Continuing Professional Development opportunity.
This training course comprises of 14 core units and 5 elective units - being a total of 19 units to complete your study.
at least one (1) must be chosen from Group A
at least two (2) must be chosen from Group B
no more than two (2) may be chosen from Group C
no more than one (1) may be chosen from elsewhere within this training package.
- RIIBEF201D Plan and organise work
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM202D Identify, locate and protect underground services
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and specifications
- RIICCM205E Carry out manual excavation
- RIICCM206D Support plant operations
- RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM208D Carry out basic levelling
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIISAM201D Handle resources and infrastructure materials and safely dispose of non-toxic materials
- RIISAM203D Use hand and power tools
- RIISAM204D Operate small plant and equipment
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIWMG203D Drain and dewater civil construction site
Choose 1 unit from Group A Electives as below;
- RIIMPO318E Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIMPO319D Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations
Choose 2 units from Group B Electives as below;
- RIICRC308D Conduct paver operations
- RIIMPO317E Conduct roller operations
- RIIMPO326D Conduct civil construction water cart operations
- RIIVEH304D Conduct tip truck operations
Choose 2 units from Group C Electives as below;
- RIICCM209D Carry out concrete work
- RIICCM210D Install trench support
- RIICCM211D Erect and dismantle temporary fencing and gates
- RIICRC201D Repair potholes
- RIICRC208D Lay pipes
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIIRIS202D Respond to site based spills
- RIISAM213D Position and set up mobile lighting
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Reissue of certificates will incur a cost of $30
Consists of practical on the job learning and assessment paired with classroom training with DGT.
Full time: 3 years
Part time: 6 Years
The course can be delivered with flexibility anywhere throughout South West Queensland.
Classroom learning will be at DGT's Training Centre, unless more appropriate facilities for distance reasons are sourced near the employer.
To get started, ask your employers to contact DGT to get the process of enrolment started.
RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction and Plant Operations
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us here or by phoning (07) 4639 2099. Enquire Now