Get busy building your future.
The Certificate I in Construction training course offers a practical kick start to your career path in the Construction trades.
Sonny our trainer will push you to be the very best version of yourself and get you employment ready for your Construction apprenticeship or labourer career.
The course is designed to help you better yourself, improve your career prospects, gain self confidence and practical skills that make you more employable.
Consolidated 12 week training course program which offers an introduction to the construction industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations.
A General Safety Induction (White Card) also forms part of this course.
This course will teach you:
Basic use of tools and materials
Essential work health and safety requirements
Green building skills
The industrial and work organisation structure
Relevant Career Pathways
Those who complete this national qualification may then;
- Apply for an apprenticeship
- Develop a handyman business
- Enrol into a Certificate II pre-vocational program
- Gain work as a casual labourer
All of which may assist in creating career pathways in;
- Cabinet maker
- Furniture maker
A sound achievement in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent is recommended.
All students must acquire the correct PPE before their first day of class attendance.
Personal Protective Equipment required includes;
- Protective Eyeware – Clear safety glasses, (tinted or sunglasses not acceptable). These must conform to the Australian Standard AS 1336 or 1337.
- Protective footwear – Safety Toe, Leather Upper, Non slip safety footwear must be worn. They must comply with AS2210 and be in good condition.
- Protective clothing – Sleeved, cotton work wear or employer supplied uniform must be worn at all times.
Please Note: Additional specialist protective clothing/Personal Protective Equipment may be required for certain activities. This will be identified by Safety signage and instruction from teacher.
This training course requires a total of 11 units of competency comprising of 8 core units and elective units as offered by DGT.
- CPCCCM1012A Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- CPCCCM1013A Plan and organise work
- CPCCCM1014A Conduct workplace communication
- CPCCCM2001A Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCCM2005B Use construction tools and equipment
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPCCVE1011A Undertake a basic construction project
- CPCCCM1015A Carry out measurements and calculations
- CPCCCM2004A Handle construction materials
- CPCCCM2006B Apply basic levelling procedures
On successful completion of this course you will receive the below nationally recognised qualification:
- CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction and;
Program funding is available through the Queensland Government Certificate 3 Guarantee Program.
Please note - eligibility criteria applies, as do the following co-contribution fees:
Concessional students: $15 ($1.37 per unit x 11 units)
Non-concessional students: $50 ($4.55 per unit x 11 units)
Please contact the DGT team for more information.
Participants will attend two days per week on Monday's and Tuesdays for 12 weeks.
The course is run from local community centres so that you have the ability to give back to the community through your practical course work.
Classroom learning may also take place at the DGT Training Centre located at;
56 Duhig Street Harristown
Start Time: 8.30 am
Finish Time: 3.30pm
PPE: Hi Vis Shirt and Steel Cap boots
Please remember to bring your own lunch and morning tea. Full kitchen facilties including microwave and fridge are available at the Training Centre.
CPC10111 Certificate I in Construction
This course is available to start anytime pending requirements are met.
Please book with our friendly DGT team by contacting us here or by phoning (07) 4639 2099. Enquire Now