4x4 driver training that counts.
Join DGT for our 1 day intensive Toowoomba based nationally recognised 4WD certification course. Great for anyone in the resources industry and also anyone wishing to expand their 4x4 driving ability.
Offering a nationally recognised training unit certification, this course is great for those working in supervisory and technical specialist roles, it is also great for anyone who owns a 4WD and wants to keep their nearest and dearest as safe as possible.
It's a practical local to Toowoomba four wheel drive training course, held at the showgrounds and taught by friendly professionals.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
So whether you own a four wheel drive, know someone that does, or just want to be ready for when you are called up to drive - enrol today to upgrade your driving skills.
This course will teach you:
- Problem solving skills for operation and maintenance of a four wheel drive vehicle
- Operating 4x4 vehicles within specifications and limitations
- Driving techniques and handling characteristics of four-wheel drives in different terrain
- Differences between optional 4WD and constant 4WD vehicles and their impacts on vehicle operation and capability
- 4x4 tyre management principles
- Handover procedures
- Hazards associated with 4WD vehicle recovery
- Travelling in 4x4 convoy
- 4WD area restrictions
Relevant Career Pathways
This course is vital for those seeking careers in;
- Well Servicing Operations
- Mining Exploration
- Surface Extraction Operations
- Drilling Operations
- Resource Processing
- Civil Engineering and Infrastructure
All participants must hold a valid Australian driving licence and have a strong written and verbal English ability.
4WD vehicles are provided for training purposes.
- Identify four-wheel drive specific terms, terminology and techniques
- Plan for minimal environmental impact
- Perform pre-departure checks
- Use four-wheel drive mode
- Coordinate and recover a vehicle
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on four-wheel drive vehicles
Face to face delivery with written and practical learning.
1 Day Intensive over 8 hours.
A typical course runs from 7:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m
Morning: the course will be run from DGT's dedicated training facility at;
56 Duhig Street, Harristown
Please park in the back car park and report to Training Centre Reception upon arrival.
Afternoon: Toowoomba Showgrounds.
Look for the DGT "TRAINING IN PROGRESS" signage.
See below for dates and costs.
RIIVEH305E Operate & maintain a 4WD vehicle
No upcoming instances of this course. Please contact us if you are interested in registering for future courses Enquire Now