DGT Licensed Labour Hire Provider
News Article from Tuesday 7th August 2018
DGT is proud to announce our certification as a Licensed Labour Hire provider (Licence No. LHL-01777-X2T6D). This is after a successful application under the new Labour Hire Licensing Act.
The Labour Hire Licensing Act 2017 (the Act) commenced on 16 April 2018. The Act establishes a mandatory licensing scheme to protect labour hire workers and support responsible labour hire providers.
Key features of the Act include:
- labour hire providers must be licensed to operate in Queensland
- persons who engage labour hire providers to only engage licensed providers
- labour hire licensees to satisfy a fit and proper person test to establish that they are capable of providing labour hire services in compliance with all relevant laws
- the labour hire business is financially viable.
- licensees must provide six monthly reports on labour hire and associated activities including accommodation, and in relation to compliance with relevant laws
- strong penalties for breach of obligations
- establishing a labour hire licensing compliance unit with a field services inspectorate with responsibility for awareness, monitoring and enforcement functions.
Industrial Relations Minister Grace Grace said;
“Our new Labour Hire Licensing Act and labour hire licensing scheme are regulating a sector that has been left unregulated for too long. Importantly, if a Queensland business needs to hire labour, it must only be through a licensed provider.”
Learn more about DGT's Labour Hire & Temporary Recruitment Services here.